The Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) released their DJ Basin Horizontal Offset Policy on June, 20, 2013. The policy addresses the theoretic potential for communication between horizontal wells that are being hydraulically stimulated and nearby offset wells in the DJ basin. This policy is explicitly meant to protect the Public Health, Safety and Welfare. The COGCC Engineer will carefully evaluate all wells within 1500’ of the proposed wellbore to determine if those wells are adequately isolated. Beginning June 20, 2013, notice shall be provided to all offset well operators within 1500’ of the horizontal wellbore 90 days prior to the anticipated commencement of hydraulic stimulation.
Get Posts by Email
- Loading tweets...
Trending TagsJared Polis Natural Gas COGCC Drilling Moratorium Hydraulic Fracturing Wattenberg Field Anadarko Petroleum Mineral Rights Arapahoe County Wyoming Niobrara Drilling Weld County Anadarko Local Government City of Longmont Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission Douglas County Noble Energy Fracking Governor Hickenlooper Regulations Colorado DJ Basin Horizontal Drilling
- Decline Curves of the Niobrara
- At The Tip of the Shale Oil Revolution – The PDC Drill Bit
- Conoco’s Niobrara Energized by Eagleford Knowledge
- Top 12 I.P. Wells in Niobrara Shale Have Large Gas Component
- Niobrara a Premier Oil Resource Play
- Seismic Surveyor Geokinetics Shares Plunge in 2012
- Ultra Petroleum Core Analysis Showing Mixed Results in Southern Niobrara