The Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) released their DJ Basin Horizontal Offset Policy on June, 20, 2013. The policy addresses the theoretic potential for communication between horizontal wells that are being hydraulically stimulated and nearby offset wells in the DJ basin. This policy is explicitly meant to protect the Public Health, Safety and Welfare. The COGCC Engineer will carefully evaluate all wells within 1500’ of the proposed wellbore to determine if those wells are adequately isolated. Beginning June 20, 2013, notice shall be provided to all offset well operators within 1500’ of the horizontal wellbore 90 days prior to the anticipated commencement of hydraulic stimulation.
Get Posts by Email
- Loading tweets...
Trending TagsMineral Rights Douglas County Wattenberg Field Jared Polis DJ Basin Anadarko Petroleum Drilling Horizontal Drilling Colorado City of Longmont Fracking Arapahoe County Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission Noble Energy Regulations Niobrara Anadarko Drilling Moratorium Wyoming COGCC Weld County Natural Gas Local Government Hydraulic Fracturing Governor Hickenlooper
- Decline Curves of the Niobrara
- At The Tip of the Shale Oil Revolution – The PDC Drill Bit
- Conoco’s Niobrara Energized by Eagleford Knowledge
- Top 12 I.P. Wells in Niobrara Shale Have Large Gas Component
- Niobrara a Premier Oil Resource Play
- Seismic Surveyor Geokinetics Shares Plunge in 2012
- Ultra Petroleum Core Analysis Showing Mixed Results in Southern Niobrara
- Colorado Rig Count Continues Slow Rise From Bottom
- Press Release: Expandable Liner Hanger Design Sets Mechanically. No High Pressure Required.
- Whiting Sees Lower Costs, Raises Production Guidance
- Energy Pipeline: Plugging old vertical wells could soon change Colorado’s landscapes
- Longmont mulls stand against statehouse bill that would compensate drillers for losses