There is a very interesting article on Geology.com that shows labled views of some major oilfields at night. The images show lights from drilling operations and natural gas flaring from some key oil fields in the world. The images are from data acquired by the Suomi NPP satellite. The data was acquired over nine days in April 2012 and 13 days in October 2012. It took 312 orbits to get a clear shot of every parcel of Earth’s land surface and islands. This new data was then mapped over existing Blue Marble imagery of Earth to provide a realistic view of the planet. Data provided by NASA Earth.
Get Posts by Email
- Loading tweets...
Trending TagsDJ Basin Horizontal Drilling Hydraulic Fracturing Douglas County Mineral Rights Governor Hickenlooper Wyoming Drilling Weld County Local Government Wattenberg Field Natural Gas Fracking Noble Energy City of Longmont Niobrara Regulations Colorado COGCC Anadarko Arapahoe County Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission Anadarko Petroleum Drilling Moratorium Jared Polis
- Decline Curves of the Niobrara
- At The Tip of the Shale Oil Revolution – The PDC Drill Bit
- Conoco’s Niobrara Energized by Eagleford Knowledge
- Top 12 I.P. Wells in Niobrara Shale Have Large Gas Component
- Niobrara a Premier Oil Resource Play
- Seismic Surveyor Geokinetics Shares Plunge in 2012
- Ultra Petroleum Core Analysis Showing Mixed Results in Southern Niobrara