Get Posts by Email
- Loading tweets...
Trending TagsNatural Gas Hydraulic Fracturing Drilling Moratorium Anadarko Petroleum Arapahoe County Wattenberg Field Drilling Colorado Mineral Rights Noble Energy Anadarko Wyoming Local Government Douglas County Regulations Niobrara COGCC Fracking Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission DJ Basin Horizontal Drilling Governor Hickenlooper Jared Polis Weld County City of Longmont
- Decline Curves of the Niobrara
- At The Tip of the Shale Oil Revolution – The PDC Drill Bit
- Conoco’s Niobrara Energized by Eagleford Knowledge
- Top 12 I.P. Wells in Niobrara Shale Have Large Gas Component
- Niobrara a Premier Oil Resource Play
- Seismic Surveyor Geokinetics Shares Plunge in 2012
- Ultra Petroleum Core Analysis Showing Mixed Results in Southern Niobrara
- Are Refiners Losses Good for Unconventional Producers?
- Colorado Rig Count Continues Slow Rise From Bottom
- Press Release: Expandable Liner Hanger Design Sets Mechanically. No High Pressure Required.
- Whiting Sees Lower Costs, Raises Production Guidance
- Energy Pipeline: Plugging old vertical wells could soon change Colorado’s landscapes
Category Archives: Water
By Anna Driver and Ernest Scheyder – Reuters – Wed Aug 20, 2014 NORTH DAKOTA Aug 20 (Reuters) – A fracking boom isn’t enough for U.S. oil and gas producers – they’re now starting the re-fracking boom. Wells sunk as little as three years ago … Continue reading
By The Denver Post – July, 10, 2014 Backers of ballot initiatives that would amend the state constitution to include an environmental bill of rights and to establish a 2,000-foot setback between oil and gas drilling rigs and homes say they … Continue reading
The U.S. Department of Energy office of fossil energy has produced a very good primer on Shale Gas development in the United States. The development processes and techniques such as hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling described in this report are also … Continue reading
By Mark Jaffe – The Denver Post – February 9, 2013 The move to tap petroleum-rich shale reserves in some of the country’s driest regions, including Colorado, may be setting up a battle between oil and water. The water is needed for hydraulic … Continue reading
IX Power of Denver, CO announced today the release of a modification of their OrganiClear produced water treatment machine that captures and eliminates Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) from oil, gas, and produced water storage tanks. The product, “OrganiClear VBR,™” exceeds … Continue reading
Excellent article on a key component that makes the shale oil revolution possible. – Rockpick Article Credit – Geology.com This special sand is one of the keys to producing oil and natural gas from tight shale formations A Crush-Resistant Sand … Continue reading
KEVIN BEGOS, The Associated Press – Friday, July 19, 2013 PITTSBURGH (AP) – A landmark federal study on hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, shows no evidence that chemicals from the natural gas drilling process moved up to contaminate drinking water aquifers at … Continue reading
Rockpick Commentary: It is important to point out that this study involves Underground Injection Control (UIC) wells where fracking fluids and produced water are disposed of regularly. This study is NOT about fracking fluids or the process of fracking a … Continue reading