Get Posts by Email
- Loading tweets...
Trending TagsDouglas County DJ Basin Horizontal Drilling Governor Hickenlooper Wattenberg Field Weld County Anadarko Fracking Jared Polis Regulations Local Government Arapahoe County Noble Energy Wyoming Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission Natural Gas Drilling Moratorium Colorado City of Longmont COGCC Hydraulic Fracturing Mineral Rights Niobrara Drilling Anadarko Petroleum
- Decline Curves of the Niobrara
- At The Tip of the Shale Oil Revolution – The PDC Drill Bit
- Conoco’s Niobrara Energized by Eagleford Knowledge
- Top 12 I.P. Wells in Niobrara Shale Have Large Gas Component
- Niobrara a Premier Oil Resource Play
- Seismic Surveyor Geokinetics Shares Plunge in 2012
- Ultra Petroleum Core Analysis Showing Mixed Results in Southern Niobrara
- Are Refiners Losses Good for Unconventional Producers?
- Colorado Rig Count Continues Slow Rise From Bottom
- Press Release: Expandable Liner Hanger Design Sets Mechanically. No High Pressure Required.
- Whiting Sees Lower Costs, Raises Production Guidance
- Energy Pipeline: Plugging old vertical wells could soon change Colorado’s landscapes
Category Archives: Geology
Corrected on September 17, 2014: Earlier version incorrectly referenced well completion in the Ft. Hays member of the Niobrara The Niobrara formation, deposited between 87 and 82 million years ago during the Late Cretaceous is composed of two structural units, the Smoky … Continue reading
Richard Nemec – July 17, 2014 – NGIs Shale Daily Excerpt from Article: Even with its increased concentration in North Dakota, Whiting has what Williams called “an awful lot” of oil plays in the Niobrara. “We have outstanding oil saturation, … Continue reading
Noble Energy at the February 2014 Credit Suisse Energy Summit presented results from 2013 and their plans for 2014 development. The company reported record reserves of 1.4 BBoe, up 19 percent and their first Integrated Development Plan (IDP) at Wells Ranch … Continue reading
KEVIN BEGOS, The Associated Press – Friday, July 19, 2013 PITTSBURGH (AP) – A landmark federal study on hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, shows no evidence that chemicals from the natural gas drilling process moved up to contaminate drinking water aquifers at … Continue reading
Rockpick Commentary: It is important to point out that this study involves Underground Injection Control (UIC) wells where fracking fluids and produced water are disposed of regularly. This study is NOT about fracking fluids or the process of fracking a … Continue reading
Company accelerating to drill 500 wells/yr by 2016 with potentials of 1 MMBoe EUR from 9000 foot extended reach laterals in NE Colorado On May 22nd at the UBS Global Oil and Gas Conference Noble Energy presented the results and … Continue reading
Close examination and breakdown of Baker Hughes Interactive Rig Count statistics for the week of 24 May 2013 shows that the number of wells classified as “Exploration” (otherwise known in the O&G industry as “Wildcats”) has rocketed (see accompanying chart) … Continue reading
Today it was reported by the Denver Business Journal that Chama Oil & Minerals LLC has hit a gusher of over 2000 bopd from the company’s PRONGHORN STATE 16-15-48 #1-P well located at 38.73687 -102.77848 in the Denver-Julesberg Basin. Details of the discovery … Continue reading